Wednesday, January 13, 2010

In which I whine

There was a big wet spot on my knee today. I chose to think it was Barak's drool. It could have been Lizzy's pee (actually it PROBABLY was), but I was trying to be optimistic. I'm trying to keep a sense of humour during potty training, but it's been hard. I really don't like this parenting duty. It makes me want to hire a nanny for a month and just come back when the deed is done. I really don't mind changing diapers. They stink up the house a bit, but thanks to Bear, that's not going away anyway. I feel obligated to potty train Lizzy, though. I know she's ready. She went all of Monday without any accidents, and most of Tuesday. Today she was completely uninterested, though. The little booger. I think she went though four pairs of underwear before noon. After her second accident I said, "Did you pee your pants again?!" (It had only been about 10 minutes.) She very calmly replied, "No. I just peed my underwear." She had me there, since by that point she wasn't wearing pants at all. Later, she snuck into her little play tent where I noticed how still she was standing. "Are you peeing in there?" I asked her. "No," she answered. "I'm all done now." She's driving me crazy, mostly because I know she can do it, but she won't, and I don't know why.

3 comments:

Please enjoy... said...

because she wants to bother you?

Kara said...

I am soooo not looking forward to potty training Gabe. Hopefully it works out for you!!!

Melody said...

Oh the joys of potty training. I can't wait to get Bella out of diapers, but maybe we'll wait a little longer.