Monday, December 7, 2009

More like Mom

I think I might be a little uptight. A neighbor kid came over this evening for a couple hours so that his mom could take a test. I thought it would be fun to make cut out Christmas cookies, and in my head I was the coolest neighbor-lady ever. But here's how it really happened. I rolled out the dough (which I had made ahead of time so that it could harden in the fridge). Then I laid out the cookie cutters and then told them exactly where to put them on the dough. After they cut the cookie, I moved it to the pan. I even set the timer myself. I guess it was okay, but it seemed like I didn't really let them do anything. Because I wanted them to turn out right, obviously. I remember my mom being so good at letting us really make the Christmas cookies. The woman has untold levels of patience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I doubt your mom was automatically awesome at everything. Remember, she started out with just one, then two... Nine didn't happen all at once!

just me said...

Ah...my sister had great practice with younger siblings...but I remember a time or two she was not patient with me. I do agree tho, your mom is a terrific lady who has raised some amazingly awesome kids!!