Saturday, December 6, 2008

Under New Management

I guess I wasn't fired so much as I was put under new management. The company Frank works for no longer wants to pay for his English lessons, but he is perfectly willing to continue to pay for them himself. At least I know now that he is satisfied. Today he took our family to see the project he is working on. He works for a German company the makes round concrete forms. They're currently building a digestor at a big farm north of town. Even though I must confess I didn't really understand any of how it works, it was neat to see. It's huge and round and concrete. When it's done, the farmer can fill it up with corn waste and it will create methane which will then be his energy source to power his farm. At the construction site, Lizzy just wanted me to let her down so she could run around and fall off stuff, trip over things, and generally get herself hurt. Eventually we were able to let her play in some gravel. The rocks fascinated her, and she gave everyone there handfuls of them. She is so generous.

No comments: