Monday, December 1, 2008

Jingle Bells





I am so exited for Christmas this year. I think Lizzy is just old enough to really appreciate the lights, the music, the decorations, the presents . . . all of it! And if there are even half the sweets at Christmas as there were on Thanksgiving, she is going to be one happy little girl. On Saturday we got our Christmas tree. We bought it from a little stand that was only about a block and a half away from our apartment, so we didn't have to strap it to the car or anything. My big strong man CARRIED it home. (It helps that the tree is only about 4 feet tall.) We decorated it right away, and I think Lizzy had a great time throwing the ornaments at the branches. It's been a bit difficult teaching her that all those interesting objects have to STAY on the tree, though.
Lizzy was very helpful:



The finished product:


You can sorta see the tree behind all these people:


My Big Strong, Tree-carrying Man! (I made that hat!)

2 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

What a beautiful tree AND family you have! I love you guys!

Melody said...

Well, if that hat won't fil Lizzy, it's only appropiate that Isaac should wear it. We aren't getting a tree this year. We might just have to come over and stare at your cute little tree. ;)