Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What a big girl

The night before last I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep, staring at the ceiling. Suddenly the music mobile turned on in Lizzy's room. Without even crying out, she must have stood up, turned on her music, and lain back down. When I went to check on her a little while later (I wanted to make sure she really had fallen back to sleep) she was even curled up under her blankets. I was impressed, pleased, and just a tiny smidgen hurt that she hadn't needed me at all to soothe herself back to dreamland. Every day I am amazed by the things she can do. Her personality cracks me up, too.
After I changed her diaper yesterday, she refused to let me put her pants back on her, so I folded them up and left them on the floor, in case she wanted them later. About on hour after that, I went to throw something in the trash, and there on top were her pants. She was trying to make very sure that I wouldn't make her wear them again. I can't blame her, though. They are probably the most hideous sweatpants I've ever seen. They remind me a lot of a pair that I wore all the time as a kid...

3 comments:

Shauna said...

What a cute story. I found your blog on Mel's. I hope it's ok that I check in. I love reading about how every one is doing. Thanks for sharing the adorable story. I love seeing kid's personalities come out. Take care!

Unknown said...

Oh man, that is one thing that is going to be bad going on a mission, Lizzy will be so big when I get back!

Please enjoy... said...

wow, impressive. congrats on your news too. call me already!! you need to inform people you know!!