Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cookies

My mother had a brilliant idea this year and invited her children to participate in a cookie exchange. Three of us took her up on it, so for Thanksgiving we each made two types of cookie dough, formed them into four logs each and froze them. Then we traded. I now have eight different types of cookie dough in my freezer.
It rained today. (I know! Can you believe Western Oregon would be getting rain in November? Shocking.) Born and raised a true Oregonian, I did the sensible thing. I bundled the kids into rain boots and coats, and we did our best to get as muddy and cold as possible. This became the perfect opportunity to slice off a few cookies from a roll or two and bake them. Ten minutes later, the kids had on dry socks and we were dunking warm cookies into hot chocolate.
My mother is a genius.

4 comments:

Tiffany W. said...

Sounds brilliant to me!!!

Kara said...

It does sound like a good idea...except for the fact that I love to eat cookie dough. I think that I would be in the freezer snacking all day!

Loni said...

wow, that is true genius! Sounds like I need to follow your example. Hope you guys are doing well! we love to hear whats going on with you!!

just me said...

shhhh we don't tell your mom she is a genius even if it's true!!(signed the little sister)