Thursday, June 3, 2010

Saddest Day Ever

The apartment we moved into has washer/dryer hookups. This was number one on my wish list when we started the apartment hunt, and it certainly didn't make things easy. I know that you can get reasonably inexpensive machines on Craigslist, and that was my initial idea. And then . . . I decided to dream big. I set my sights on glorious, brand-spanking new front loaders that I could cherish for decades. (At least one.) Talking Isaac into my way of thinking proved easy, and boy were we excited when we walked into Sears on Monday. We picked out a nice pair, and I looked forward to the "disinfect" cycle, which promised to kill allergens, and the 4 cubic feet of highly-efficient dirt zapping power. Today, they arrived. I already had piles of laundry waiting. The delivery guys came in, looked at our laundry closet and said, "Sorry, guys. This closet isn't deep enough. There's no way you're getting a front loader in there."

!?!

So we had to go back to Sears and get a regular old top loading washing machine. I can't help but feel that if I had just been satisfied with having a washer in my own home, I wouldn't be feeling so crushed right now. Not lugging laundry to a communal room where I have to pay extra should be so exciting. But instead I'm kinda bummed. (a lot.)

2 comments:

Please enjoy... said...

it's ok to be bummed. but not long. tomorrow you can be excited for your machines. and then everytime you do laundry you can remember those terrible trips to the public laundry mat...

i have super old crapy machines - so no worries. (and my cloths smell pretty good mostly)

Brindy said...

Oh, I am so sorry. That is awful. That is really really awful. I would feel really bummed too. Do you guys like your new place though?