Tuesday, October 6, 2009

They got the blues

I'm babysitting another two-year-old. It's nap time. This should be my hour to relax a little, maybe get some housework done (ha ha), but the girls are not happy. Coming from my bedroom I can hear the intense ululations of an almost-three-year-old. My very articulate little girl, meanwhile, is screaming, "I want to make a deal! I want to make a deal! Do you hear me? I want to make a deal!" Apparently, if you try to bargain with your toddler too often it will come back to haunt you. At least the baby is happy, but then again, I'm not asking him to take a nap. He's happily chewing his shirt. Never mind the poop stain blossoming on the back of it. His other clothes are all in one of the napping rooms.

1 comment:

Melody said...

That's one of those moments where you have to take a step back from all the craziness and laugh at how funny your little girl is. We sure do miss hanging out with you guys and witnessing these funny things ourselves, but I'm glad you're willing to drive up here to see us.