Monday, October 12, 2009

Daddy's Girl

Lizzy is definitely a Daddy's girl. She always has been. Nothing makes her happier than playing with Isaac. Sometimes it's so extreme that she becomes anti-Mommy. Yesterday I finished nursing Barak and went to find the other half of my family. When I walked into the room, she started screaming, "No! Go away. Don't play with us, Mommy!" Isaac asked why I couldn't play, too, and she said, "Because I don't love Mommy."
Whenever I try to get her out of the crib in the morning she screams for her dad. As much as she doesn't want to be asleep anymore, she wants me even less. I know she's only two. I know there's a (relatively) new baby in the house. That doesn't make it any better being the less preferred parent.
Meanwhile, my infant has decided that he can only sleep if he's being walked around. Any time I wanted to sit down last night he wailed.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I remember when my oldest was that way. When Daddy would hold her, if I came too close she would push me away. It hurt a little but she was two and she grew out of it. Don't worry, it will pass!

Kara said...

That is exactly how Sofia was (and is a little)! I was glad that she loved Chris so much, but the mom rejection made me sad. Maybe it is a new baby thing, because she started being that way after Gabe was born.

Tiffany W. said...

It must be in the Washburn blood. My boys have always preferred their Dad over me! :( Sometimes it is hurtful, other times it is handy. :)