Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Golden Opportunity?

I think I might be about to pass up a golden opportunity. Lizzy' s newest word is "potty." I don't know where she picked it up, but she knows what it means. Every so often she'll tell me "Potty, potty, potty," and run to the bathroom door. Sometimes she'll even pat her diaper. Initially, I was like, no way. I'm not ready for potty training, even if you are. I don't even know that she is ready. (I think she really just likes it when I let her wash her hands in the sink, and she somehow picked up on that being the conclusion to the act.) I tried to ignore it. Do you know how hard it is to quickly take off a disposable diaper, onesie, pants, etc? And anyway, she only wants to sit down for a second, and then she says, "down" and jumps off. But - I wouldn't mind having a potty-trained 18-month-old. And if she is ready, wouldn't I be a dumb (not to mention ungrateful) mom to ignore it? Ugh.

No comments: