Thursday, August 16, 2018

Christmas

It is August, and not at all the appropriate time to be thinking about Christmas, but I was uploading pictures from my camera, and I found some pictures from a couple of Christmases ago. They made me think of all the Christmas pictures we have taken over the past (almost) twelve years, and since this is my blog and I'm the only one who reads it anyway, I figured I would compile all those Christmases into one place. Even if it is August. And the first day of a new school year. And actually I should be posting those pictures instead.

2006
This is roughly our first Christmas together. We didn't actually own a camera until after Christmas had passed, but this is close enough. I think you can see the Christmas tree behind us if you squint, but don't let that fool you. We left that poor tree up until February.

 Also not really a Christmas picture, but it's in November 2007. This is actually the ONLY family picture I could find from that time period. We look awful, because we were brand new parents and didn't know how easy having only one child is. 

 2008

 2009
 We look tired, because we were tired.

2010

2011
 We had just moved into our first house, and since we went to Colorado for Christmas, we might not have even had a tree.

2012

2013
 I could not find a complete family Christmas picture from this year, but it's the year we moved halfway across the country, and I know I was pretty stressed at this time. That's not even our Christmas tree the kids are standing in front of. 

2014

2015

2016
I actually do have a family picture in front of our Christmas tree for this year, this one is just so much cuter.

2017

I thought I had a pretty consistent picture taking tradition, but looking through them all together, I can see it's pretty hit and miss. And we didn't even start taking these pictures until 2008. Oh well. It's still fun to see how our family has grown over the years. I can't wait to see what our 2018 picture will look like!

No comments: