Friday, May 20, 2011

Just hanging out

In the Washburn home, there are plenty of tantrums. Some of them are even thrown by the children. I find myself with mountains of laundry, dirty dishes constantly piled in the sink, and an inability to be on time for ANYTHING. On the other hand, there is so much good going on, that all of the above is rather insignificant (most days).


There is a lot of sibling love here. I hope my children are always this close. Sure, one of them tends to be a little bossy and the other one thinks it's funny to knock over block towers, but for the most part, they play together very well. Their affection for one another is obvious.
I also love how much they enjoy reading. One day I noticed how quiet they were being as I cleaned up the breakfast dishes and discovered this:And let's not forget the love we all feel for the daddy of the house. Poor guy can't even take a decent nap on the couch. We live in a great place, too. Sure, we're still living the apartment life, but I like it here. We were sitting outside on our patio one evening, and along came two ducks for a visit. They were pretty sure we had some food for them, so they were not at all shy about walking right up to us. I think that's awesome.I think some of the best moments in life come when we are just hanging out. The kids are always doing things to make Isaac and I laugh. Lately, Barak has developed a wicked little laugh that makes us think of mad scientists and mischief. I tried to get him to do it on camera, and was not successful. Next time, maybe.







And finally, I love the little songs this child continuously makes up. Is there any doubt she's a daddy's-girl?


3 comments:

Kara said...

Katrina,
You should come and have me throw a luncheon baby shower for you some day. Maybe Michelle would come down. Your kids are so big!!

California Washburns said...

Your kids are so cute!!! I can't believe how big Barak is getting!!!! He can't really be talking already, can he?!

Bekah said...

I was so happy after reading this post! Wish I could join in on some of that hanging out :) Love you all!