Friday, November 21, 2008

Blah Blog

Today was a pretty average day. I thought I would take Lizzy to the park. There is a big play structure right outside our front door, but I also wanted to take a walk, so in exchange for strapping the child into her stroller, I thought I'd let her check out someplace she'd never been before. I had visions of her running joyfully through the field and delightfully exploring new play equipment. Unfortunately, I did not accurately predict her reactions. Instead, the park turned out to be dirtier, colder, and far less interesting than I remembered from the last time I had seen it. (We used to live right next to it, before Lizzy was born.) They were doing construction across the street, and the noise really freaked Lizzy out. She has been really sensitive to loud noises lately, which is strange considering our upstairs neighbors. She's never actually lived in a house where there wasn't frequent banging, crashing, thumping, or thudding coming through the ceiling. Anyway, back to the park . . . She would not leave my side and wanted to hold my hand the whole time. The most animated she ever got was when she noticed some frat boys playing flag football over by the baseball diamond. She was pretty excited by that. I think she would have joined the game if I had let her. I'm pretty sure it was the football she was after, not the frat boys. At least, I hope so...

1 comment:

Isaac Washburn said...

It had better have been the ball and not the frat boys, not that all frat boys are bad, just the ones that Lizzy will meet.